I am music director of a small mainline church. I play a Hammond Concord and I have a piano player who does a good job playing with me during 15 minutes of prelude and service music after. Once every other month, I bring in my KN7000 or G70 to give them a show and they love it.

This is an older traditional congregation with a smaller segment that is pushing for more praise and worship type music. I have led a dozen churches over the years and have had to walk the same tight rope. The point is that I am trying a compromise by playing self made backing tracks behind the two of us playing live. Only the sequence is played over PA.

I make a sequence by recording a song on the G70 minus any tracks we play, and transfer it to my laptop. By using an appropriate intro, my pianist knows when to come in. We are playing off identical music sheets. I know this method has inherent pitfalls, but we are both good readers.

One problem is that she can't always hear the beat while pounding the piano, and we don't have the budget to purchase the equipment we should have, at least until I gave garnered support for this project.

I have a Peavy 600 head next to me connected to two Community speakers(8") at the ceiling. I can bring in my big Peavy 15" if needed, but doubt it. We are about 25 ft apart and thought a wireless ear monitor might be the answer. http://www.abesofmaine.com/item.do?item=NADEO3AA&id=NADEO3AA&l=FROOGLE

What do you think ?