Diki,yes I tried all you mentioned. I don't want a computer for -composing- music with because in -theory- it's the most powerful thing for music on Earth,but in -practice- it causes me very valuable loss of time and energy,all things that I can invest into the MUSIC.

Editing a midi recording on a good hardware sequencer is MUCH easier and immediate than on the computer. Just press a pedal to punch in,and release to punch out. Can it be easier and faster than that? I don't need to edit a single note,if I make a mistake I record again the whole phrase,it's only a couple of bars. If I can't play the part well,I practice first. At least I have a reason to waste my time practicing more and becoming a better musician,than wasting it away in frustration because the PC is always coming up with crazy problems.I can record the part at a lower speed to be as accurate as possible,then I just change the speed in the master track.

There are ways around the apparent limitations of the hardware. These limitations are so bad only because they are perceived like that,etc...

I used to make more music with a Kurzweil K2000 than with all the computer stuff....the PC is great,but it takes TONS of time that I am not prepared to spend anymore on it.

I am not throwing it away,but I want to change my approach. When it's time to study or write music,I don't want to frustrate myself anymore.

Besides,hardware arrangers still sound the best. I have used Band in a Box and all the rest,but it still does not sound nearly as good as the hardware. Simple facts. I have tried Bandstand, Soundfonts,this and that...

I have Goliath,which has an huge GM library. But try to set it for midi? It's nuts. I have spent hours and the fact is that is not GM compatible. You have to manually set each track for each sound. I just can't be bothered with that stuff anymore....too long winded,too complicated,and too many problems.

[This message has been edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (edited 07-28-2009).]