Hi! I am writing to ask for help from the owners of Mediastations. A month ago I bought a used MS X76 in my country from a software developer from Lionstracs at a very good price for me (as much as PSR S500 here). I am a physician and an amateur musician and I can’t spend too much time learning this computer based keyboard however I couldn’t let this offer pass so I bought it. The Owner Manual is very very basic (58 pages vs. 216 pages of my intuitive PSR 1500). There are other Manuals for the Qtractor, Hardware and Livestyler that don’t solve my problems. My main purpose was using it as a source for good VSTi and samples not as an arranger. It has an older processor a single core 64bits AMD 2800+ with 1Gb Ram. I know it is a slow hardware for the latest OS 3.2 that I am using however the whole functioning of the MS is mostly unexpected. At first I received a lot of help from Domenico from Lionstracs but now our communication is beginning to be slower (may be once a week) and I can’t wait that time to go forward in my learning curve. I know he is a busy man so I need a faster response from other users here in the Synthzone who are willing to spend some time to answer my simple questions. Basically I need the MS to play all the sounds (Gm/Gs- GigaSounds and VSTi) and receive and send Midi messages through the external in-out ports. I have the following problems:
1) Most of the times when the MS starts up the GM/GS sounds don’t sound or sometimes they sound with some latency (a few seconds after I press the key) This does not happen with the Giga, Sample and VSTi sound so I think it does not have to do with the low ram and single core processor. I use the ¾ output not the XRL output.
2) I just don’t understand the Jack connection. There are many options to link and when something is done wrong I have to reboot the whole system. I can’t control other keyboards by the midi out or receive by the midi in of the MS. Could someone explain to me something as basic as how to set one channel for receiving and playing anything is sounding in the MS or sending in one midi channel anything I play in the keyboard?
3) The joystick can’t be calibrated. When the GM sounds work moving it to the left/right changes pitch not modulation (up/down), with Giga or sample sounds it doesn’t work with most sounds. Of course I tried calibrating it but the screen dot never follows the movement of the stick and doesn’t apply any effect
4) The main reason I bought the Ms is to be able to use many orchestral samples and Vsti as I said in another post. So what other good samples can I get apart from the ones that Lionstracs offers?

I have plenty of other questions to make. Those who want to help me can also write to my private mail if you wish. I read the SynthZone has been a little boring lately as some users have stated here but I wish this post does not become a “pissing contest” as you call it in English since I only want some help and this topic is mainly addressed to those who know the MS. Thanks.

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ