Hi:

I use the PA 500/800, and T2/T3...
I also owned a PSR 3000 (it did had the Mega sounds, but, is a little older and may not be fair to compare it with the PA500)....oh, and I also had the S900 too.
If you are to compare SOUNDS and want to make sure that is a SUBJECTIVE opinion, well, the PA500 has the "newer" tone generation, at the time when the 3000 was a current model, the Korg competitor would had been the PA 60/50, the PA500 has the newer technology with the RX which was absent in the previous models, and the 500 has plenty of RX sounds, Natural, Pro, etc., if I were to compare the 3000 vs the PA500, I will have to say the PA500 has the newer/better "stuff", in the PSR 3000 storage is also an issue, the "Smart Media" has been discontinued for several years now, and the 3000 also has an USB port in the back, the PA500 has the SD card port for saving/loading styles, songs.

Also be aware that BOTH keyboards have a very different USER interface, both became easy as you play more with them, passing the learning curve.

I use 2 arrangers in my gigs, each one of the arrangers, has their own strong/weak points, and that is also subject of the music style, needs, skills, etc...

I would write down what are my needs, the type of music you play, mainly the styles you may use and check if there are available in either commercial, or in some forums. Like I said, is mainly YOUR say, my needs are very different that anybody else in this forum, and we may have some similarities, my advise is, consider the keyboard that most suit YOUR needs match with your playing style and skills.

------------------
mdorantes