GEM (General Music Inc.) just recently filed bankruptcy and have shut down operations. I have not heard the GEM Genesys module personally myself but if a friend recommended it to you then it might be worth it to consider getting it. Especially if you can get one at a low low price. Since GEM went belly up you probably wouldn't be able to get replacement parts for it though most likely. So from that standpoint it may be quite a risky gamble and especially when trying to sell it later, since you probably will only get pennies on the dollar for it down the road - if you can sell it at all.

Yes, another business i.e. GEM bites the dust and therefore, personally, I wouldn't even consider buying their now obsolete products. Obsolete because GEM is no longer in business and therefore can't provide product support on their "former" products. To each his own though. If your friend recommends it and the price is right it still may be worth it to you.

All the best,
Mike