Hi Group,

Tomorrow I'm off to the National Accordion Convention held in beautiful downtown Richardson, Texas; just north of Dallas.

The convention is held around this time every year for the past 2o years. This will be my fifth.

Perhaps the economy has affected the line-up this year, I don't see any "big name" performers comming, however, ther will still be some fantastic players.

This year the focus is on electronic, reedless, and midi accordions. Sometimes this subject rubs the "pureists" the wrong way, but I'm glad to see that the convention planners have finally moved into the 21st century.

Featured, will be the Roland V digital reedless accordion and also the Concerto. The Conceerto is an acoustic accordion with very elaborate electronics. It has its own onboard sounds, which can be layered and played with or without the acoustic reeds, It can also be used with an external arranger.

Both Roland and Concerto (International Accordions Inc.) are sending factory reps and there will be lots of hands-on opportunities.

I am disappointed that no one from SEM Accordions will be there to demo the SEM CIAO, which is also a reedless electronic accordion. I happen to own one of these and would have loads of questions for a factory rep!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to whole shebang!! If you're in the area, stop by.

Don P