The Yamaha DJX (the old cool blue) was an arranger in it's own category. It was unlike ANY arranger on the market. This board was designed for MODERN music. It wasn't choc full of waltz, polka, big band, ect. This thing had UP TO DATE styles on it. It was released years ago and even one today would hold up well against any current arranger and still do BETTER at modern styles of music...., AND IT HAD KNOBS PLUS A RIBBON CONTROLLER! You could even do some crazy realtime pattern mixing by using the keys to mute various parts of the pattern. Yamaha really did their homework on that board.

Donny you need to get your hands on one if you can find it. Hell maybe Russ has got one tucked away somewhere

Donny you're looking at this through dark glasses man. It's not your flavor of music.., you don't play it, you don't write it.., nor do you perform it. You see no reason for this type of keyboard because YOU wouldn't use it. That's just YOU bud There are many younger people out there that would snatch up an arranger that had modern styles or something like the DJX, but updated a bit. The number of DJX's yamaha sold is proof enough of that. I'd still have mine..., but I wore that blue beast out!

Yamaha in a way tried to bring something like the DJX back..., this time it's called the MM6. It's styles aren't really as hard as the original DJX.., nor is the sound set. Yamaha learned from the original DJX what an affordable modern arranger would do to their upper line.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.