Posted by Chas:

--------------------------------------------
Since I'm one of the "old men who hang out here", I get to express an opinion about them. Poll after poll, taken during the presidential election, showed 'old men' (well, specifically, White males between the ages of 50 and 75) to be the most bigoted segment of the population. Is there anyone, anywhere (who's not in total denial) who would dispute that? As for 1941, yeah, wasn't that about the time we were rounding up 2nd, 3rd, even 4th generation Japanese-Americans and shuttling them off to internment camps while simultaneously confiscating their hard-earned (as in 'worked hard and paid for it) property. As I recall, that was also about the time that a tenth of the population couldn't sit at a soda fountain anywhere below the Mason-dixon line, or vote without fear of death threats, or die in the same foxhole with his White counterpart. Yeah, I remember 1941, I just don't "thank God" for it.
--------------------------------------------

WOW! Well said Chas! I'm not as old as many here, but I'm damn glad I wasn't livin in 1941. Shoot..., good o'l American Ideals my ass! A terrible time IMO. Carting off the Japanese to camps..., Oppression throughout the nation. Dark times if you ask me. American Ideals were for anyone in those days that were white. Even the poorest of white families in those days lived better lives. Hell at least the poorest white families in those day at least had the chance to pull up. They weren't being lynched, beat down, raped, made to sit at the back of the bus or get off if there wasn't a seat for a white person available, didn't have someone tell them in a store they weren't allowed to try on the clothing they wanted to buy, and a whole slew of other things. 1941 American Ideals in those days were for anyone with white skin.

Chas is right.., man all this crap you hear about Obama and most often on this forum it still appears to be an issue with the man's middle name. Come off it people. We have an African American President (well a bi-racial one at that).., accept it and get over yourselves. Geez.., look at how much support Obama had from other nations hoping and dreaming that this nation could finally look past the color line and elect a President based on his political views and not focus on his skin color.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 02-13-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.