“If entire chord types are 'missing'”

Lets be real specific on this issue.
The Audya does recognized most chord types and extensions.
For example, if you have a all midi style I am sure there is no problem with chord types. If there is a style with both midi and audio tracks, then the midi tracks would play the extensions not the audio tracks.
The audio tracks may not be playing the extensions, but Ketron never said that they would.

I take it that Ketron meant the audio tracks to enhance the style not replace the style hence the fact that they are no styles with all audio tracks.
That is why Ketron needs to market the Audya and shape the discussion about the Audya and not allow people to speculate about what the Audya can and can not do and then make it seem as if the Audya is lacking.

Regarding whether the Audya is or would be distributed as a “finish” product, that is a moot point with a keyboard that is open because with it been open, changes can and may be made that would drastically change the sound, and operation of the instrument.

To understand that concept you would have to get your self to think out side of a Yamaha T3 keyboard concept.

You need to start thinking in this way: I bought a PC computer with windows 2000 now I can upgrade that same computer with windows xp. I do not have to buy a new CPU.