Line array has made a big jump in the personal small systems.

At the Namm show they had a couple of live acts, one of them was outside with a mackie powered system, sounded good, but you had to be in the sweet spot, and the fall off was very bad.

the also had a band inside who used the line array that had the portable Bose look but just bigger, they sounded great with an amazing sound coverage, and they were playing about 200 feet from glass with minimul slap back effect.

Also on another note with mackie, looks like they are having a little bit of trouble with their china plants and such.

If you want powered speakers, i think you should also look at other manufacturers. I know there a very big fans of mackie srm450's but it was and is an old design, that companies like RCF did.

I'm doing a club system next month with all FBT powered speakers.

At NAMM mackie showed barely anything, it's like they are getting out of the business.

Dynacord showed an amazing mini powered system with built in amps and subs that sounded amazing and was loud.

There are so many different companies and form factors, what works for one person may not for another, what sounds good to one may not to another.

the bottom line PERIOD, you get what you pay for. !!!

just because it's loud don't mean it's good

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com