Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
I brought up my age because I know Donny is older than me and your statement soubds like you are challenging Donny ability...
And it caught me off guard... Here in the US, the term "son" sounds degrading and not to be used, particularily when they are older than you....

The kick ass comment was out of frustration of all the pissing that you have with people.. To me the PSRS900 is not in the same league as PA2X , G70 or my SD1...

But I do apologize for my comment..it was not necessary...

Well, Dan I can be a little quick myself, so if it means anything, I'm sorry if I said anything to upset you.

I'm not saying the PSR-S900 is better than any of those other arrangers...if you get the "gist" of my posts, I am saying it is the best for my needs, and though I am very impressed with it's "bang for the buckness"(if that's a word) it is done out of genuine real time experience with it, both as a demonstrator, and using it as my own personal instrument.

Everyone has a "sound" they want to hear...mine is Yamaha...yours will be another brand or model...neither of us are wrong.

What makes these things belly bumping contests, is the statement that a keyboard or arranger is just "the best".

At what? For who? In what situations?

Ideally we should qualify a little more by adding the answers to one or all of those questions...but sometimes in the heat of a discussion, we forget, and then it becomes a urinating competition, and no one will really win, because egos get bruised, and our intelligence to choose the right product for ourselves gets questioned or made fun of...ah...you know how it goes.

I always say...this place is like one big dysfunctional, but mostly happy, family.

You can call me "son" anytime. I will not be insulted, even though I'm nearly 60 years on this earth....I will feel complimented.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 01-27-2009).]