WOW! Guys make sure you KNOW your neighbors because this can happen anywhere in any neighborhood.

My wife and I live in a nice neighborhood. It's not a gated community, but a nice middle class neighborhood. I've got a retired school teacher to my right, Corrections officer across the street, devoted church attendees, ect. (there's even a State Police Officer up the street).

Over the last 8-9 months the people who live directly behind us (our yard is separated by a simple chainlink fence) have been horrible neighbors. They turned their back yard into a JUNKYARD.., trash everywhere, broken down vechicles, had a guy living in a 30+ year old camper back there too.

Well months ago they erected this horrible PVC frame enclosure. Then covered the entire thing with tattered blue tarps. It just looks terrible. For months we couldn't stand to even look out our back window or even go out into the yard much because it just looks so bad.., and smells terrible because their yard is a huge mud pit.

My neighbors have called the city on them countless times and complained about the property. Well yesterday evening at about 4pm the local Police and a HUGE drug enforcement agency swarmed that house. I'm talking 20+ officers guns drawn.., kicked in the door, served a warrant and arrested every adult on sight.

Now this is the part that has me down right pissed! Those dirty sacks of (you know what) had a fully functioning METH LAB running in that PVC framed enclosure. It wasn't a small lab either. This lab was 50 feet from my home! If it had exploded due to the size of this lab.., it would have blown the back end of my house right off! What really irks me is my child for months unknowingly (when back there) has been playing less than 50ft from a dangerous meth lab. Not only that.., but this huge meth lab was built (less than) 100 yards from a middle-school.

Thankfully the cops finally got these people. They are looking at serious prison time since they were running a lab that close to a school. The children in the home were taken away by CPS lastnight too. When the cops hauled these people off in cuffs you could literally hear the neighbors yelling, cheering, and clapping as it happened.

Guys KNOW YOUR NEIGHBORS!!!!!!! Meth labs today have no preference in location. They're popping up in very nice neighborhoods now with little to no crime.

When my wife and I bought this house 4 years ago it was because it was a nice neighborhood with virtually no crime... All was well for the first 3 years.., then BAM! Drug raid at the neighbors Just know who your neighbors are guys. These meth labs are everywhere.., in cars, the slums and very nice neighborhoods like ours.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 01-16-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.