I just think that there is a natural curiosity about whether those that post here, and express their opinion SO forcefully, actually have the chops to back up what they say. Talking about music, as I have said so many times, is like dancing about mathematics! Without example, it is the wrong medium to illustrate your thoughts.

No doubt those with Bose systems would LOVE to have us doubters actually hear them in person. No amount of words can change an opinion about a SOUND... But a listen can do it instantly. Same with an arranger aspect, sound or operation. A song is worth a thousand words. A book about Charlie Parker doesn't tell you what ONE song can...

I, for one, would LOVE it if the MS fans quit talking about how great they are, and actually SHOWED us. 'Great' means so many things to so many different people. I'd like to HEAR how great it is

Unfortunately, I think that they feel unwilling to post because there might be a negative reaction to the demo. However, I find this cowardly, however, when they are SO willing to berate it's detractors in words, and extol the thing without example. If you have the conviction of your words, you should be able to post at least a LITTLE something to illustrate them. Failure to do so, refusal to allow others to make their OWN minds up, rather than HAVE to accept you at your word (or not ) for lack of anything else is a cop out, IMO.

Only the most rabid of fan boy zealots ever damn a demo on principle alone, and we all KNOW who those are, thereby making their comments moot, and not worth worrying about... Every time we play in public, we risk EXACTLY the same thing from an audience. A poor reaction. Yet we still do it I fail to see why here matters any MORE

I am FAR more concerned about what my audience says and does than anyone here And I honestly think that if we all felt the same, we would be hearing from a LOT more members than we currently do.

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 12-28-2008).]