Thanks Ian,
style creator obviously hasn't changed a great deal in the last few years except for the new guitar function on the T3??

I remember reading the manual before purchasing my psr1500 & must have misread the part on event list editing. I assumed it included all the onboard style tracks.
I was a bit dissapointed because I'd hoped to be able to just alter a note here or there , instead it required the track to be rerecorded.
If it hadn't be for some of the 3rd party software available I wouldn't have been able to do the editing I wanted.

Still, it was better than the editing functions on my SD1. haahaa

Tell you what, a korg /yammie hybrid would be brilliant. Style creation functions of the korg (os2 just improved it, I can now import & export a complete style as a midifile into a pc sequencer, even got markers, reminds me of my yammie styles)
& on the Yammie side, some of the great styles & sounds & I must admit I do prefer the yammie fill system.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ianmcnll:
[B] You can only edit style tracks that you have recorded, i.e. played in.

You can edit the RHY1 and RHY2 but that's all.

I find creating styles from scratch very time consuming with Yamaha's Style Creator, and I prefer to use Style Assembly and make up a new(er) style from component parts.

Roland does style creating/editing very elegantly( I haven't been able to try a Korg), and Yamaha could take a few lessons from them.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022