Glenn,

It should ultimately depend on what your ears, wallet and back says.

I can recommend hundreds of options, and so can everyone else. But you need to be happy with the sound, the flexibility, and of course the costs.

I've had customers buy Behringer and Samson Active speakers and say they are the best, I've also had people say they sound like garbage cans.

When money is no object, your choices are tend to narrow down, like FBT, RCF, DBTechnologies, Mackie, JBL, Bose, and so on.

When you are trying to get with in a budget, that's when certain compromises start to happen.

You'll get a better sound with setting up a studio monitors with a sub, that's where you'll get the superior fidelity.

But if you are performing for more that 4 people you are going to need something with more throw to accomplish this.

That's when you move into a more of a powered "pa" speaker.

Do you want to create a stereo image, then you can look at models that come with 2 speakers or a set like this http://www.fbtusa.net/a1000_a900-a500-a400-a100.html

Like I said before, if you want to give me a call or email I can give you my opinions, you don't have to buy from me, I like helping, so you don;t have to feel bad if you don't buy. Most people will tell you I'm not a hi-pressure at all

Frank

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com