While my level of technical expertise is fairly high, there are times when even this old man encounters problems he cannot solve without help. Hopefully, someone with lots of experience with Acid Pro 4.0 can provide some assistance to an exasperated, old man.

I recently upgraded my operating system from Windows ME to Windows XP PRO, and also installed a new sound card, Creative Sound Audigy. Since then when I try to record multiple track audio files, the second track slowly, but surely begins to lag behind the initial track during playback.

Initially, I record the first track directly from my Yamaha PSR-3000 keyboard's audio out directly into the Line In of the PC. The second track is also recorded in the same manor where vocals are recorded. While the vocal timing is right on the money during the recording session, when played back, it slowly begins to lag behind until it eventually gets to the point where it's a full second behind track one.

Prior to upgrading to Windows XP Pro and adding the new sound card this problem did not exist. When I checked for compatibility the highest Acid Pro 4.0 went was Windows 2000--not XP Pro. Is there an upgrade patch that I can download to fix this problem? Or, is this just the nature of the software?

Let me know ASAP. If there is no quick fix I will have to resort to purchasing another recording program that is compatible with Windows XP Pro.

Thanks,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)