I downloaded the new 2.0 and the new resource 2.0 into my store's PA800 and left the PA2Xpro with the old operating system so I could compare sounds, styles, and most importantly the fill in volume issue.

Thank you Korg! You've made a lot of people happy!

First, all the fill-ins now have the same volume levels at all the variations. Many of you have complained for years that when you hit a fill in on most styles, the volume of the fill is louder than the variation you are playing or the one you are filling to.

Next, when you turn on the keyboard after loading in the operating system, the screen looks different and there is a new technology called "DNC"(defined nuance control) which shows up on the boot up screen. This technology does more what Yamaha's superarticulation does. You can play in the polyphonic mode, but the keys can also be played in Legato mode creating a more realisitic trumpet, sax, etc. There is also lot's of new scat voices, strings, guitars, etc. featuring this technology.

There are all new Performance memories and the original ones from version 1 are still available in the "sfx" bank.

I also played a standard midi file and I have the choice of now seing lyrics, notes (any track, bass or treble cleff) and combination of the two. If chords were in the song, you will also see the chord letters and types. If there are no chords, it will not show up like the Rolands can generate a chord track.

For customers needing user tunings such as middle eastern chords, there are now 4 pre-set scale tunings in the main display for quick changes.

There are many other new features which I have not checked out so far.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)