Diki.., I don't know what kind of wood stoves you've used but they do not put off the kind of dust you're thinking of. I grew up with wood stoves. I grew up on Lake Erie just under Canada. Wood stove heating was common in my area. A small pot-belly stove puts out very little dust.

Plus most people who use wood stoves know.., when emptying the ash to add a little water to the bucket as it greatly reduces any dust floating in the air. I don't know if you're ever used a pot-belly stove, but the ash left behind per full load isn't large at all.

The oil filled radiator heaters are nice..., but as stated you got to anticipate the use and get an early start with them. They will heat a room nicely..., however heating 1000 sq feet with oil filled radiator heaters just may push that electric bill up a bit. Keep in mind they use "radiant heat". It's suggested to use these types of heaters in an area where there is traffic...., as that will help move the heat..., and allows them to run more efficiently. My wife uses one, but she has a "very small" desk top fan that she places on the floor next to the heater... It does a good job at helping to push the air around if the traffic in the room isn't heavy enough.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 11-12-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.