Well, if there's anyone who's an expert on 'buyers remorse', it would be Donny. Give the guy a break. He knows what he's talking about!

I think, in the back of my mind (the large, empty part!) that he may have a point, though. For all the talk round here, and talk, and talk, and talk, you would think the point of owning an arranger is so that you can come here and discuss it, praise it, evangelize it, drool over it, try to make other's feel inferior for NOT owning it, just about almost ANYTHING but actually playing it, sharing your music, your soul, your heart.

Half treat it as a status symbol, and the other half treat it as a tool for a job that they don't want to talk about...

Where's the part about playing MUSIC?

Perhaps it's just a lot easier to come here, lay down a few illiterate comments about how YOUR arranger is the only one worth having, all others suck, yo' momma wears army boots, yada yada yada... How can you argue with that? (how can you NOT argue with that, too? )

But making and maybe posting music (maybe SOME of you got it for that reason) opens you up to an actual test. People have to actually LIKE IT. Why risk it, if you can continue to post with no proof of any actual knowledge (apart from specs)? Safer, for some.

Some DO post, though. And, I'm sorry, but I fail to have seen what the fuss is about. No-one walks away with their bowels hanging out. To be honest, little but encouragement and helpful suggestions/criticism is ever offered. Only when someone takes a combative stance and then completely fails to show they knew what they were talking about has had any negative comments come out.

So why so little music...? Perhaps there are more 'pretenders' here than will admit it. And you don't have to be a great musician to recognize bad music when you hear it. Tough to keep 'talking the talk' when you can't... well, you know!