Yamaha markets the TYROS to the H O M E market. Thats the way its been and that's the way it will be. Somehow I don;t think the US is considered an important market for the TYROS, The profit in the Clavinovas is far higher and the Tyros is sold as an alternative at many or even all Yamaha authorized Piano/Clavinova dealers and not often found in MI only music stores. I have not seen many Arrangers in MI only music stores come to think of it.

That's the way I see it and have no inside information, But we get tons of literature on the Clavinovas and all of them on the floor. They all sell. The Tyros literature is on the same pages as the PSR Series.

We sell Clavinovas 20-1 over the Tyros. The S900 sells mostly around here to Latinos. But this is SC and not exactly a hip market.

But it is a live music market makes me wonder.

My complaint about many keyboards over the years are the too modern sounds which become dated. Thats what I like about Yamaha. Their sounds have been more generic.

Shalager9sp) music is generic apparently in Europe. I'll find a way to use it for fun.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 11-03-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA