Hi there,

The display of my Roland EM-2000 is broken (some lines are suddenly missing), and while waiting for a shop to get back to me on how much it would cost to fix it, I am browsing the new keyboards that are available on the market. I usually buy a new keyboard every ten years or so (before the Roland i played a GEM WS2), so time's almost up

I play together with a singer and a guitar player, mostly on weddings. During dinner I play only the piano, after dinner a mix of styles and midi files.

- Weight : the EM-2000 is getting heavier each Weekend, so the lighter the better. I noticed that keyboards like the GW-8 are really lightweight, but I wonder where the gain comes from...

- Keys : 61, else i fear it wouldn't fit in the car anymore (european cars are small

- Sounds, ordered by decreasing importance: piano, accordeon, organ, brass, synth

- Styles : waltz (french), march/polka , latin (samba, tango, ...)

- Midi-player : The ability to quickly find and put some songs together and play them in a row would be great (the EM-2000 is awfull there).

- Quick access in general : i tried to put stuff together in performance settings, but i failed. Guess I'm just the type that wants to press buttons on stage instead of programming at home.

- Brand : doesn't matter

- Stuff I don't need : voice processor, recording/sequencer, sound editing, internal speakers.

So is there a perfect keyboard for my needs out there?

Are (lightweigth) notebook/software/masterkeyboard combinations worth considering these days for that kind of live usage?

Thanks for any hints