Four years old?....That's a long time for any technological item. I have not heard anything online that made me feel otherwise about it. My ears don't hear what g70 owners hear. Just as their ears don;t hear whet I hear in the T3. Personal preference.

I did research it before I bought the Korg PA2x. I almost bought one for $1800 locally someone had up on Ebay, But it did not sell. I figured the market knows more than I about something I could only research on the net.

I don't see any reason for a metal case either. You drop either you are going to have issues. Plastic is lighter and less likely to drop because it can be handled easy. Some plastics are stronger then cheap metals as well.

The newer E series are not easy to be found on the net or locally,so I did not consider them. They were not even at Summer NAMM in Nashville where I had hoped to find one to mess with!!!(They did not have a G70 either).It was all about the Pro division keyboards. Fantoms.

On the other hand, I tried the Korg and the Yamaha which has a lot of users therefore there is a lot of support, styles etc and I am comfortable with the brand.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA