It is important to set the CMP settings to get the desired sound from the unit for your style of playing.

The following was posted on YPKO. I tried the settings and it does make a world of a difference in the sound. I even fined tuned the suggested settings to get the piano sounds to my taste.

from YPKO:

"I also received a call from Steve Deming at Yamaha USA. These are the steps to follow to get the T3 CMP settings working for you:

1. You must be sure to turn the CMP switch "on" using button G.

2. Set you Master Volume to a comfortable listening level and select any style you like, then start it playing.

3.After that, you must then go in to the controls on the bottom of the screen.

4. Start with the "Threshold Offset" control and try -10 first. You should then begin to see the top meter called "Gain Reduction" beginning to show a little green bar appearing at the right of the meter screen. If you do not see the little green bar appearing, there is no compressor effect and you should then try Threshold Offset -20.

5. If the green meter bar is appearing on the left, then adjust Ratio Offset to +3 or +4 , whatever it takes for the softest sounds of the style to become more pronounced, louder and easier to hear. Once you achieve than, go to step 6.

6. Use the Gain Offset control and turn it up or down to assure the overall volume of the keyboard is maintained at that comfortable listening level you selected in step 2. The keyboard should not sound a lot louder. Of course, if you dial up the Gain Offset, Steve says this functions as another volume control, making the whole thing sound louder.

Tom G."

Regards,

Jerry

[This message has been edited by Jerryghr (edited 10-24-2008).]