I just spent 1/2 hour reading through the "Arrangers vs. SMF" thread. When I realized there was a 2nd page, I decided to call it quits and post this question.

How much time do you spend practicing your instrument and related activities (arranging, finger dexterity exercises, meandering through the bells & whistles of your keyboard, researching, thinking up new entertaining ideas, new songs to play, studying different dance styles, things like challenging yourself playing the same song in different keys to develop “faking” skills, playing the same song but in 20 different variations, etc, etc, etc)?

I wish I had more time to get involved in the conversations here....you all write good stuff. But I spend 3-5 hours a day in studying music and practicing. Then there's food shopping, getting your oil changed, stop at the bank, the post office, return your library books, fight traffic, fight more traffic, eventually SIT in traffic for hours! And with any luck at all, I might have time next week to go try that G-70 I finally located 80 miles away.

I'm real curious how much practicing you guys do and what it consists of ‘cause there’s only 24 hours in a day? I can’t even READ as much as you WRITE!