In spite of some kidding I took about selling the G-70 before even taking it out of the box, I spent 5 hours or so trying one out at a dealer, after I bought mine. The salesman who showed it to me was a user and very familiar with the instrument. That's when I realized that I'm a hardcore Ketron player. You're right; the drums and overall sounds are so much more realistic.

I owned a Yamaha 3000 (for three days) and played a Tyros 2 at NANMM. Just didn't like Yamaha at all, and gave the 3000 to my granddaughter. Have looked at the 900 and don't really like it either. The Tyros 3 may be an improvement, but that remains to be seen. 50% of my arranger jobs are outside, and the "mirror" effect was never an issue with the MS 60's, and is not with the controller and Midjay. Haven't used the SD-5 outside yet, but don't expect that the reflection would be a problem with it, either. The reflection issue is a deal breaker for me, and looked like reflection would be a problem with the G-70. Really don't like or want touch screens.

Combine all that with my comfort level with the Ketron OS, and I'm sticking with the line, even though I have some issues with
the organization.

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 10-01-2008).]