Who else besides Bill went to Pakefield and heard the Tyros3 drums live??

Let me point out that Yamaha has posted a few demos of the new T3 drum kits and truthfully they sound maybe a teensy-weensy better than the T2 drums in my humble opinion.

OTOH, Korg puts out these new DNC demos and the drum kit in the background sounds MUCH better than the T3 drums in my opinion.

My point being that if that's the best demos Yamaha can muster for their all new T3 drum kits I have a REAL hard time believing they will sound magnificient when hearing them Live as Bill is suggesting. It just doesn't make any logical sense in my opinion. Unless this is a ploy by Yamaha to initially "deceive" the public by way of the demos, where they could have "dumbed" them down on the demos to create the "illusion" that they are typical Tyros drums. Then when the T3 hits store shelves and people suddenly realize the drums are indeed magnificient as Bill implies, and when word gets out the buzz will start all over again and Yamaha possibly gains many more sales of the T3 because of their shrewd marketing ploy.

I still don't buy it though. I think what we're hearing with the online T3 drum demos is similar to what we're going to get when people hear the T3 in person. Good try though Bill.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 09-16-2008).]