Don't want to start a flame war here but would like opinions on what those who have OWNED BOTH think of eachs strengths over the other.

For example I loved the Korg but feet the Yamaha had an easier learning curve (becasue it does less)

The hardest sounds to emulate sound more authentic of the Yamaha in my case

The Korg had some really nice styles.

from a recording standpoint Yamaha sounds already polished and Mastered vs the Korg's more live in your face sound. Which is either a sound you like or not. I think they both have their place in the music world.

Just add water (vocals)but one needs to buy a Harmonizer if they really want great even though talking to Helicon at NAMM make no mistake there is more to the name on the Korg than the actual technology as well.

The Korg has many nice to have features but easy get arounds.

1.48v Phantom power (XLR mike input which isn't necessary unless you are running 100 feet away from your keyboard.) In the Studio both of these items a moot as one should use a real pre Amp even if inputing to the Korg for BG vocals.

MP3 players. Nice feature for live use but aux inputs support the same on other boards without the cross fade.

Guitar mode is really nice. but if you have great styles and/or sequences its not needed.
76 keys. Nice but we use an 88 key controller and for the organ parts the 61 keys are fine.

I did not give the Korg a really good chance becasue I was always buried in the manual and frustrated with the learning curve when I wanted the create. After awhile I did not even want to use it. My wife got a a lot of use out of it recording some styles and drum tracks for playback on her gigs.

I simply know the Yamaha better.It has a lot of users and support.I really like many of the sounds a lot better ( especially the cymbals, soprano sax, flute, and now the organ on the T3) for the Most part on the T2. The T3 cemented the deal and motivated me to sell the Korg. Not to mention the Yamaha hardware always felt a lot hardier than the Korg's buttons and sliders. Seems Korg is using the same buttons since the Triton Classic. The touch screen is nice but IM not a fan of them. I like the tactile ressponse. (No Iphone for me either)

I am one of the few who believe the T3 is a huge step up from the Tyros 3/Psr900 series.

But I have not totally given up on the Korg as I will probably pick up a PA800 to fill in the things I will miss about the sounds. Been looking at the Ketron modules as well.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA