Quote:
you can compare all day long A/Bing different drum sets ....but in the end everyone has a different opinion some will love it some will hate it....& in the end result it nothing changes because who's right or wrong?

Donny, I think most people would agree that getting a Drum Kit or all the Kits on a keyboard to sound like a "real" Drum Kit i.e. a "real" set of Drums is the ideal, and is a BIG or possibly even HUGGGEEEEE reason why someone would NOT even consider purchasing a certain keyboard because of the nature in quality of the Drum Kits e.g. Tyros3, etc. I was reading some of the comments over at PK Club about the T3 Drum Kit demos Yamaha posted and some of the people over there held the same sentiment that many of us do here i.e. "when is Yamaha ever gonna start putting some high quality professional drum kits on their totl arrangers?" And 76 keys was brought up too I might add.

Nothing changes?? Could it be because Yamaha isn't listening or motivated to do so? Yes, they did give the T3 all new Drum Kits but where, oh where, is the sound improvement in these new Drum Kits? I think I hear a teenie little bit of improvement from the demos they've posted but it's very slight in my humble opinion. They also could have added some extra reverb and or dynamics to the demo recordings to give the "effect" of a better overall sound, although I hope that isn't the case, right?

I guess we'll know in around a month or two what the real skinny is on the T3 Drum Kits. Unless of course Yamaha happens to give some additional Drum Kit demos that are more than just a few seconds in length and that will truly demonstrate the "true" nature of these all "new" Drum Kits on the T3 to us, thereby convincing us one way or the other once and for all. If they don't then most of us will get the chance to test the T3 in person before too long anyway. >> But demos are what provides and/or 'sustains' the hype and enthusiasm that surrounds a keyboard product. In other words, if the T3 had some truly outstanding and professional sounding drum kits on-board you can almost be assured that Yamaha would be getting a better response from the T3 then from some of the stuff we've been hearing around the Net since they announced it. Which hasn't been very positive in a lot of ways i.e. = Small incremental upgrade, still no decent Drum Kits (even though they claim they're all new) [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img], no 76 key version, etc., etc. They'll probably still sell a boat load of 'em though. Which is mostly what they're concerned about anyway right? [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img]

Best,
Mike