But for you the arranger is your main board. For myself the board would be used as an add-on, a board to compliment my current set up. It wouldn't be used as my main composition tool.

One thing I will say.., is that (this is just how I do it), but when I record user styles..., I honestly almost NEVER record bass tracks into user styles. If I'm going to record a style to use for a user song, I always play the bass track manually for several reasons. I like arranger keyboards, but even the best of them IMO are always dead give-aways due to the bass line in the styles. Drums and bass drive the style. I like to record bass tracks (if I'm doing a more traditional style of music) manually to capture that more "live" feeling. When I record my drum tracks.., (when doing classic styles) I don't even use the quantize to keep the drum tracks more natural. Now when I'm doing more modern music....., well it's my synths all the way as I need the pattern chaining, ect. Everyone uses an arranger differently I guess. I'll often use preset styles, but I will do some heavy tweeking to them. Often I'll drop the bass track, make changes to the drums and so forth.

At times I'll do a more modern style on an arranger.., and because of that I'll record user bass lines, and quantize the hell out of the drums and bass track as in more modern styles (such as electronica) because these tracks need to be dead on.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 09-03-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.