I guess I among the fortunate as well--never happened to me. I have backed up pretty much everything, but I no longer carry a spare keyboard in the van. And, like DNJ, I have lots of stuff on the laptop just in case the keyboard drops dead, which has never happened. I usually tell my clients that the only thing that would prevent me from performing would be my untimely demise.

Unfortunately, this nearly was the case two years ago when my van was broadsided on I-95 at 65 MPH by a guy talking on his cell phone and looking at a road map that was laying across his steering wheel. He must have figgured that he need to be in my lane, never looked and slammed directly into the center door of my van, spun me out, then hit it again when his air bag went off and he couldn't see. Both myself and the gear survived, the van died, and the client was very understanding when I called her from the roadside and said I would not be there that day.

Just another fun day in Paradise,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)