Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I am very content with Yamaha's drums and overall sound...that's why I use one.

Ian,

Don't you work for Yamaha or aren't you a clinician for them? That might be the reason why you are using Yamaha! Would Yamaha mind if you used a Korg Oasys or Wersi and took it on the road with you? If you do work for Yamaha I'm sure your tongues tied to say you only use their MI products even if you do own and use other brands.

In your posts I've not seen you slam any Yamaha product for sound, build quality, or software issues, only praise them. Even the low end S900 you tout as if it were the holy grail of arrangers ever made. Is it that Yamaha only makes products with no software bugs, the best hardware available, the best build quality, and the best sounds of any keyboard available? Hardly!

I prefer to not have my hands or tongue tied when it comes to voicing opinions on arrangers and keyboards based upon actual use. I'll bet if you said anything bad about Yamaha you'd be out of a job in a second. You don't seem to have issue bashing other manufacturers products so I have to wonder... how many other brands of arrangers do you own? How many have you actually used first hand and which models? I don't mean just seeing at some trade show either. Which ones have you actually used? Enquiring minds want to know.