Quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Bob,
I totally agree - years ago a very large company ordered two large truck loads of IBM Thinkpads for the sales staff. They were abused beyond belief but never gave the support group any problems.

I didn't know you get still get them with XP.

Hammer

When I was on the road selling the company I worked for ordered Think Pads for the 2000 plus sales force. They worked very well and as others have commented they can take the abuse.

I placed an order for some new computers on Thursday with the company I now work for. They are HP workstations and amazingly enough HP is readily shipping WinXp Pro. Many corporate customers are refusing to install Vista machines on their networks ( me included ). My sales rep also told me many corporate customers are still ordering Office 2003 as opposed to the latest Office 2007. Some manufacturers are also offering what they call the XP downgrade. i.e. the computer is delivered with Vista, but you also get a disk with XP included for a rollback.

I installed Vista on my laptop in 2007, I had a few compatibility problems. Enough of them that were frustrating enough that forced me to eventually buy an extra hard drive for the laptop. I then installed XP onto the new hard drive. I now have 2 hard drives one with Vista, one with XP. If I feel the need to play with Vista I just pop out the XP drive and swap in the Vista drive. 99% of the time I run XP.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 07-27-2008).]