Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
It only confirms my speculation about the soon release of Roland's new totl arranger as the replacement to the aging G70.

That view, and the one expressed in that blog are at odds with what Roland people are saying.

Look at it logically IF there was something, there would have been some leaked info by now, you all know that's how these companies work.

Don't be surprised to see Roland have a huge revamp of their home keyboard range, possibly building on the KF series and expanding them to include full arranger functionality.

Arranger sales for Roland in the US, South-East Asia and Australia are abysmal, (not my words). Why would they even try to keep a market they don't even have a toe-hold in? Compared to Yamaha and Korg.

However their "pro" keyboards are selling very well (again not my words). From the Fantom 88 through to the Juno. So why not try to stregthen that market share even further?

In my view Rolands future direction at the "Pro" level will be the continuing enhancement of their workstation keyboards, and their ties with Cakewalk. Not arranger keyboards, or rather, any that are going to require any significant R+D investment.

Dennis