Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
There are some pretty unsettling crime statistics in the ATL, as well, chas... doesn't stop you from going there.

Come on down to N.O.... You'll find that crime is, as it always tends to be, far more concentrated in some areas than others. Grab a room in the Quarter, you should be fine.

Mind you, this time of year is pretty hot and humid, and Bourbon St. gets a bit more 'fragrant' than in the Fall plus it's kind of the off season, so entertainment is at it's low ebb. October or November, OTOH, is paradise

Yeah, ATL is no Brentwood (well, pre-OJ Brentwood ), but not in the same league as NOLA. Besides, I live in the Roswell/Alpharetta/Sandy Springs area; very upscale, very safe, and it's where all three of our Jazz clubs are. I'm a little long in the tooth for HipHop clubs which give you a much better shot (no pun intended) of getting a chalk outline of yourself on the sidewalk. That's not a put-down of HipHop but I'm very sensitive to loud noises (really) and I've never heard it played at a reasonable volume.

I'll shoot for Oct. or Nov. then. In the meantime, I'm gearing up for the upcoming Atlanta National Black Arts Festival (nope, has nothing to do with magic). I got to play in it last year, no invite this year; we must have really sucked . There'll be people from all over the globe coming into town, however, so we should get lots of spillover into the club. Anyhoo, can't believe I've lived this long and never been to New Orleans; maybe that's why I've lived this long .

chas