Nigel has the right idea alright. Lay low and wait for the most opportune time when problems aren't so prolific. Remember, if you have an HP/Compact computer with an AMD chipset avoid SP3 at all costs until Microsoft and HP provide a fix for the reboot related problem(s). SP3 is not considered a critical update as I mentioned in my first post so there is no urgent need to update to it at this time, if ever. There are bug fixes and security improvements so needless to say if SP3 provides better security it may well be worth a look and taken into consideration at some point.

I also installed SP3 on my DAW computer that I'm using for recording purposes and everything went without a hitch there as well. Of course every computer system is configured and setup a little differently therefore no software is a 100% sure thing as it pertains to installing it successfully on each system. The big thing Microsoft stressed was disabling antivirus software and also closing out any currently running programs on the computer at the time of install. And also the HP/AMD issue and warning everyone not to install it if you fit that criteria.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 05-19-2008).]