There are really great sax players, and there are really terrible ones! The instrument is the same - what changed?

Same with the SA sax...

In the hands of someone that DOES know how to phrase and decorate like a real sax player, you can get closer than you ever have before (you'll never get there completely, but every little helps), but in the hands of someone that doesn't quite grasp how a sax player thinks and breathes, well, the brochure might need a re-write

It IS a start, but I think I've said before, by the time you model ALL the possibilities a sax player can pull out of a horn, it'll end up so complicated to control, you might as well learn to play the real thing!

But at least it does solve (or at least partially) one of the great problems of emulating sax on an arranger... the inability to use the bender as much as you like because your LH is tied up playing chords. Just about any other keyboard sax sound really NEEDS this before it starts so sound realistic, but the SA sax can phrase well enough to get by without it. It still sounds a little stiff, but the falls and decoration stuff you can do can help mask that.

Basically, I rarely ever solo on the sax sound in my Roland if I CAN'T use the bender...