Haven't you all got it yet? Yamaha DON'T CARE ONE IOTA if you want a 76, and even less if you want an 88...

Go buy a PA2XPro, and save yourself the wait...

Your money means nothing to Yamaha. Spend it where it is appreciated!

Audya... sorry, but I predict a bugfest at first. This is a radical new technology, and you know what always happens on the first generation, don't you?

G80...? Someone (actually, everyone!) is asleep at the wheel at Roland. I have no idea if they have the personnel at Roland Arranger R&D to get anything radically different out the door, and the next G-series needs to be. It doesn't matter if it is 61 or 76, there is just such a chasm between the other big players (K&Y, primarily) and the Rolands, it's hard to see if they can compete.

Soundwise, there is MUCH to like, but the OS team have dozed off completely. They have a new OS for the E80. What does it add? Basic, barely useful mp3 playback. No markers, no transpose, no tempo changes. Whoop-te-do! They still have a sound second to none in the drums and piano/organ category. But the OS has actually got WORSE from the G1000 days in some critical areas. Nothing you can't work around (apart from the lack of Chord Sequencer), but NOT a good sign...

And still NO fix for a couple of really simple 'flag' problems, like ACC cutting off if you change chord recognition TYPES (go from Pianostyle to normal chord recognition, for instance) that should have been hotfixed LONG ago.

If you are waiting for a G80, I'd say take a good look at the G70 (if you haven't already). It IS a great 'player's' machine, but not a 'great' OMB tool. Or go get that PA2XPro, and save yourself either a LONG wait, or disappointment over another rushed to market Roland, that you'll never be sure they'll fix completely...

But forget about suggesting that I go get a Korg Despite me being unhappy AT Roland, I am still very happy WITH my Roland..! I just wish they'd finish it. So little left to do that I need to be happy, and they stumble just before the finish line.

Oh well...