I have had the Okyweb3 for about 6 months now and before that the Okyweb2. I agree it is overpriced, BUT, it is much better than a laptop in a live situation.
I tried using a Dell XPS with 4 GB of memory and had insurmountable issues with latency on the midi's. The other problem I experienced was due to the fact that I actually use the laptop for work and so must have other software loaded on it that had conflicts with the midi software. I've also watched other performers using laptop fumble around during their set.
The Okyweb sounds great and is very simple to use in a live situation. It plays both midi and mp3 backing tracks and you can do key changes on the fly, create set lists, stop and start for special arrangements, etc. Plus it is much more rugged than any laptop (save for the 10K ruggedized versions).
If you can dedicate your laptop just too music fine. If you actually use it for other stuff I'd consider getting the Okyweb3.
No doubt though, it IS overpriced. Wish they had some competition in this market.
Cheers.
Quote:
Originally posted by John DiLeo:
Yea very expensive for its features & specs.
I'll pass for sure. Just thought I'd pass it along.