I'd hang on to it, chas. If it has the same grand as the G70, that combined with the A70 (which is virtually the same action) gives you pretty much the same sound.

Probably one of the best hardware grands for jazz and softer pop at any price...

The same samples exist in a couple of other Roland arrangers (E80/E50/60) but they, for some reason, darkened up the filter. All you have to do is add a little extra to the cutoff values, though, and you are back to the sound I get and enjoy so much.

We have an older (1928) Steinway in the studio, but after listening to some tracks I cut with the G70, and comparing them to Herbie's piano sound on River (just the sound, not my playing!), he's starting to come round to using it in preference to the Steinway. For anything other than super bright rock piano, it sits in the mix pretty much as well as the Steinway, and of course, allows the flexibility of editing the parts in MIDI before they are printed. This allows me to get more adventurous as I play, with the knowledge that we can still go back and rescue a few bum notes, etc..

Quite the testimonial from a guy who is VERY picky about his sounds...