No, I didn't think it sounded like a real clarinet Diki as I stated in my original post i.e. I thought it sounded robotic. I agree that they have a ways to go but as far as taking another 100 years I'm not so sure. Theoretically computing power doubles roughly every 18 months or so (Moore's Law) but realistically Moore's Law has technically reached a threshold and until new discoveries in ways to increase processor power are attained Moore's Law may become an obsolete gauge to rely on in the meantime. But eventually those barriers will be overcome and I don't think it will take 100 years but more in the neighborhood of 10 to 20 years at most and we may be surprised by such advancements in as little as 5 or less years.

>> Yeah, I know sampled music is used everywhere e.g. movies, cd's, etc. but the music that is sampled is done so from real instruments. Which is a good thing since I am all for keeping real musicians playing and using real instruments. But if the technology gets to the point where real instruments are no longer needed in a multitude of various recording and live venue applications then of course real musicians will lose out unfortunately.

It's like cotton pickers. They were needed until the cotton gin was invented. I guess they call it progress. Regarding this technology for making music, I call it 'regression' if you ask me. At least in how it pertains to musicians anyway.

Best,
Mike