Quote:
Originally posted by Tatterdemalion:
I am trying to connect my Yamaha PSR-3000 to my PC to evaluate some sequencing software but am having difficulties.

I started with MIDI cables and was able to input notes but not have any sounds relayed back to the instrument.

The manual suggested that USB was a superior connection choice so I installed the supplied driver and had some success using "Anvil Studio". However, I really want to try out the "Sonar 4" demo but suspect that I am getting hangs and freezes.

Following the audible metronome count in I play notes (registered on screen) but they can't be heard via either the PC's speakers or those of the keyboard. When I shut down the software and then re-open it I find that my USB connection can no longer be selected from "MIDI Devices". This makes me think the USB port might need refreshing and that that may require a re-boot....

What do people think is the BEST connection type ? Is it likely that the USB driver may have been updated since last summer ?

Open Sonar...go up to tools pull down menu..choose instruments...define..select (highlight SB midi port 1...on left menu..then go to right side menu and highlight your PSR 3000. this after assuming you have hooked up your in out midi cables