One would have thought that styles and sounds are the one thing you CAN audition on the web...

Did they not rock your world BEFORE you bought the SD? If they DID, why the change now, and if NOT, why buy in the first place?

I must say, I tend to agree with you, though. The sounds and the styles are the only thing you (and your audience) can HEAR. When you go 'I GOTTA have this!' when you first hear it, that's a pretty important sign you should buy one. But, of course, as soon as you do, you then run into the OS differences. But if it SOUNDS so good, you just HAVE to tolerate the OS shortcomings.

Trust me, I miss my Chord Sequencer every day. I have had to re-think the basic way I use an arranger. But the sounds and styles on my G70 are SO good in comparison to the G1000 that I HAD to make the change. I won't go back to one no matter how much I miss the CS.

But I still find myself puzzled that you bought the Ketron, if you don't like the sounds and styles. At least, that's what I think I infer from your post...