Mikey, you can see for yourself how much User memory there is and how much you have left by pressing any style or voice button, & go to the User tab.Then push View (button 7 Top), then Property (button F). On My Ty2 it tells me there are 3.16MB total - ie. the allocation is just a bit more than 2 floppy disks.

Nowhere near enough for ongoing requirements. I only use the User as a sort of workspace - when working on styles, or voices it's useful for getting quick access & saves on try-out files & edits. Then when complete I transfer the "perfected" files to permanent storage- usually the USB stick. In fact all my Voices, Styles & Regs are on the stick and readily accessible from there, so the small User size doesn't have to be a major problem.

I realise to use User Styles in the MFD they have to be stored on the User drive - all the more reason not to use it for other things.

I don't use the MFD, but if I did I'd be tempted to save all the Favorite MFD songs to Registration button(s). So much more flexible for handling & editing styles and you can add any other changes you want such as Transpose which seems so popular a requirement at present- can even add a transpose within a song that way too. And any user styles you still want to use can be saved anywhere and immediately accessed by assigning the Style User buttons to them.
As long as they are saved in order, registrations can be just as convenient for access. I know one person who prefixes the name with the tempo so they display in tempo order. Using the expanded view reveals longer names (not unlike the MFD).

John

[This message has been edited by jwyvern (edited 02-17-2008).]