It's just a shame that those Triton pianos suck bigtime... even the expander board. Get the sample loading option SCSI board, and look around at some sampled Akai sets. I don't think you'll be happy piano-wise until you do...

Hold on a second... Korg have released the PA800's piano as an upgrade for the PA1X. Presumably, you load it into the sample RAM. Does anyone know if this piano has been released for the Triton series sampler? This one is playable, at least...

I still think that we are getting song-WRITING and song PRODUCTION confused, here...

If you want to make the final CD for release, then a Triton is a great tool. But if you want to sit down at a keyboard, and experiment with chord progressions over an inspiring rhythm, and try to write a song, quickly, the Triton will only slow you down. I think an arranger is by FAR the better tool for writing the song. You seemed to indicate that the recording end will be done with real musicians at a later stage (and don't let anyone kid you that doing it all on a Triton or anything else, for that matter, will sound as good as the live players!).

Be careful about using the wrong tool for the job...

BTW, I have a Triton as well as an arranger... the Triton stays in the studio, and sees active use on CDs. But my arranger goes home with me every night, and gets played for when I am working on songs, trying to arrange, trying different 'feels' out on a song...

You can't do this with a Triton. By the time you have written the different drum loops, laid down a bass line, a few chord tracks, an hour has gone by, and the inspiration (or the desire to experiment) has gone. On an arranger, you can try a dozen different 'feels', a dozen different structure arrangements on a dozen different tunes all in the same time! That's the song-WRITING aspect.

Don't get the two confused.