Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Diki,

I don't use Pitch Correction, mainly because I don't need it. I have, however, tried it out just to hear what happens. It actually works pretty good if you are a half-note or less off. Anything more than a half-note usually results in disaster.

Gary

So you're singing to the pitch corrected track? I've always felt that, if you can't hear what you are ACTUALLY singing, it's a lot harder to know whether you are getting close to the dangerously flat or sharp.

The other problem is, to allow you to be free with what you sing, you have to set the pitch correction to correct to the nearest half-step (you never know when you want to do that passing note!), but this makes hitting the third and seventh degrees of the scale accurately VERY important, or the pitch correction will start to 'warble' around the 3rd and 4th, or 7th and octave.

It SOUNDS like a good idea, in principle, but without a way to monitor your pre-correction singing, difficult to use. I know they use Antares Auto-Tune hardware on a lot of major shows (you don't think Madonna can dance that hard and still hold a steady note, do you?!), but on all the systems I've seen, the Auto-Tune does not get returned to the artist's monitor mix, only goes to FOH.