Well Fran as someone who has played the E60 for several months longer than you and has sung praises for much of what it offers I am shocked to have to conclude you have gone way overboard in its praise.Glory be.

yes i love the 76 keys and portability and the speakers and the keyfeel and many of the sounds and the bass/drums of the styles (i never use full styles--i don't think that's the way to make a real individual musical statement and i find ALL full styles stifling--but that's a whole 'nother thread)

The E60 has an inaccurate tap tempo button
even after the os fix, they fixed some of the instability but not the inaccuracy. and it's
not me..i find korg/technics are fine w/tap.
the d-beam has only one button for controls, so 3 totally wasted on crapola, the shortcut
buttons are a waste to me, the one-touch are a waste to me, the fade-out is too abrupt, the tempo controls buttons are far inferior to the circular control others have,there is no way to have a multipedal even as an option, the sustain is not programmable for another use, so there is only one foot control--if i use the expression pedal i have no other foot control-- and only one useful d-beam and a very limited V-link control and the d-beam and v-link are inconveniently located. and not even a basic mic input. i don't think a $1595 unit should be so lacking. most of the $995 units offer a lot more in that way.

Still and all, I have recorded my CD on E60
and will post samples soon, but i would
strongly consider the pa2x if i liked it on trial, but i'm afraid 39 lbs is still more than i care to move around and set up. Of course if i looove it i may bite bullet. it may be 7 lbs lighter than G70 but 11 lbs more than E60. Maybe I'll try the pa500 too--hate to give up the 76keys but I need better on-the-fly controls, dammit. (s900 not for
me however)

bu thanks Fran for your excellent detailed
reports..i concur with your praise.. but you
are leaving out the shortcomings, which are more than just not quite as wonderful a keybed as the G70 or some sounds not quite as
good as G70..they are very limiting even to a
person like me who is a bare-bones arranger player (no full styles, no smf, no mp3, no sequencing)

------------------
Miami Mo