Hi,

I was at the Namm Show last weekend. I was lucky enough to have a visitor ticket that sponsor by M-audio because I did some work for them. Below is my 2 cents on the new Arranger this year.

Korg PA2X:
I am very impress with the new Korg PA2X. The operation system is much more enhancing. It is so easy now to copy style, variation from one style to another. It is also easy to convert midi file to style. However, only 1 midi files per variation, intro, or ending. In another word, you need to chop off your original midi file into many different file before convert and assembly a whole style. Korg puts M3 sound engine into the Korg PA2X body. It sounds very good but it is not much improve over the Korg PA1x. The PA2X have styles than the Korg Pa1x. I like some of the new style but I still prefer the Tyros 2 styles because it fit my music better.
The coolest feature is the backing sequence; you can record it then change the chord line in the sequence later if you want to fit it latter. It is very motivate to compose and write song. Overall, it is a very keyboard.

Ketron Aduya:
The keyboard is still in prototype. All demos are in pre-record wave file in which sound very good but I want to see the final product. According to Ketron, it is about 6 more months before they complete the product. I suspect the price is similar to PA2x and Tyros 2. It is a nice looking keyboard.

Roland:

No new high end keyboard. At Roland booth, no one even bother to demo their arranger line. Their focus is on the new Fantom and RX-700 keyboards. I was able to play with the E-80 keyboard; I still prefer Korg, Ketron and Yamaha over Roland. It seems does not care much about Arranger line. It is just my opinion.

Yamaha:

No new high end arranger keyboard. Rumor that they will release the Tyros 3 by next year.

Thanks,

coca