I think it all depends on whether you PLAY an arranger, or use one as an mp3 karaoke machine...

Roland are definitely the last holdout in the mp3 player game, which maybe shows that they still think their customers actually want an arranger, rather than an mp3 player to play over, and recent reviews of the E60 and a long line of happy G70 users are testimony to many still happy users...

I had a G1000 prior to my G70, and if you liked THAT, basically, there is but one thing that was better on the G1000... Yes, you guessed it, the Chord Sequencer...! Virtually every single other aspect of the G1000 was considerably improved, with piano, drums and B3 arguably the best of ANY arranger out there.

If you liked the G1000 so much, I am curious to find out what, exactly, about the G70 is such a turn-off? It only weighs 3-4 lb. more, has vastly improved sounds, better navigation, more variations and fills, probably one of the best harmonizers out there, vastly improved style and SMF editing, amongst many other things.

Perhaps you only heard one back before OS3, which revamped the styles and added much better OTS and EQ capabilities (amongst other things)? Basically, if you want to sound like a live band, rather than a CD, it is still arguably the best arranger out there. It isn't perfect, but nothing is. Unless you are limited to lightweight arrangers (in which case, you can't like the G1000 either), it is, IMO, the best 76 around. The PA2X is a contender, but I still give the nod to Roland for the drums, piano and B3, and the vastly greater number of fills.

Just forget mp3 playback and recording (which will probably make an appearance on the next G-series, despite my contention that an arranger doesn't need one!), and the G70 still holds it's own, sonically, with anything out there...

JMO, yada, yada, yada...