Heres an idea.

A truly intelligent arranger. One that remembers the way you play songs in your song book and remembers your chord progressions so that it can anticipate your changes in terms of varying the drum pattens, bass lines, guitar riffs. I am not talking about a keyboard that forces you to play certain chords but one that anticipates for example 2-5-1 progressions and makes subtle but tasteful variable accompaniments.

This could be done in many ways.

For example the programmers could develope 8 or 9 different subtle bass lines for the end of say 4 or 8 bars of a pattern. they could be triggered by the loudness in which you play or the type of could you play or simply because of the number of times you have played a the same or similar sequence of chords. You could do the same with drum patterns. This would give the instrument a much more live feel.

I know tchnichs had a similar function and every now and again i would get a lovely surprise when playing but what i am talking about would be much more sophisticated and in depth programming.

It would