Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
PBS has been holding a lot of fund raisers and using many of the older groups. Some are still incredible, while others are just awful. I think my biggest dissapointment lately was while watching Good Morning America where they featured Barry M. (can't print his last name or I'll probably hear from his layers) singing Copa Cabana. It was just awful. He performed a couple other songs that were really popular in the past and they were equally as bad. It brought back memories of Sinatra when he was in his final months of being on stage, a time when he could no longer remember the lyrics to songs that made him famous. Unfortunately, I'm not far away from this myself. I figure that I may have a couple more years, then I'll send all my jobs to someone younger.
Cheers,
Gary

Gary , You are right about the PBS shows ... some guys, like Johnny Maestro, still sound as good, and sing in the same keys ... Others should just lip-synch the original recording ...
As for Sinatra, he used tele-prompters for years... At a concert in Providence, I was sitting where I could see the tele-prompter and even his 'ad-libs' were printed for him ...

As for yourself, you certainly sound like you have more than a "couple of more years" ...
And when the time comes, who ever you hand your gigs over to had better be some STUD !!! ...
t.